Board Minutes - 18 August 2008

Public Version
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board

18 August 2008 - 2.00pm
Sebel Heritage, Yarra Valley

Tony Staley (Chair), Chris Disspain, Marty Drill, Julie Hammer, Kim Heitman, Amin Kroll, Graham McDonald, Josh Rowe, Tony Steven, Alex Woerndle, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, John Higgins, Elspeth Ross, Jacki O’Sullivan (Minutes)

Bennett Oprysa, Paul Szyndler (DBCDE) and Peter Nettlefold (DBCDE)

Martin Boyle (Nominet UK) and Patrick Sharry


1. Confirmation of Agenda

The Agenda was confirmed.

2. Apologies

There were no apologies.

3. Continuous Disclosure

There were no matters to be disclosed.

4. Confirmation of Minutes

The minutes of the 16 June 2008 Board meeting were confirmed.

5. Finance Report

·  The Board noted the July accounts.
·  The Board noted the 07/08 year-end accounts which will now be sent to the auditors for review.  The Audited accounts will be finalised in September and sent out prior to the October AGM.

Action:  JH/CD to check Bad debt $6000 negative variance item and advise back to the Board.

6. CEO Report

The CEO Report was reviewed and the following items were noted:
·  The SME Research & Survey process was outlined.  It was suggested and agreed a survey should be included in the registrant’s standard email. It may be possible for this to be set up on an ongoing basis.

Action:  CD to include survey in registrant’s email.

7. Policy Development

Industry Competition Advisory Panel update:
·  Greg Crew provided a written report on the Panel status to date.

8. Complaints Committee Report

Graham McDonald gave a verbal update to the Board on the Complaints Handling Committee.  The draft Complaints Handling Committee document has been commenced.  Once it has been approved in principle by the Board it will be published for public comment.

9. Security Review

The final Security Review document was discussed.  The document will now proceed to the SSAC for review and recommendations back to the Board.
·  It was noted and agreed that the final document should be marked ‘Confidential and not for wider distribution’.
·  The board noted further discussion is required on the remaining Independent 2nd level domains in Australia.

Actions: CD to prepare a plan for remaining Independent 2nd level domains for further Board discussion.
            CD to have final Security Review document marked ‘Confidential and not for wider distribution’.

10. auCD Report

The board noted the report.

11. Membership Applications

The members below were approved in the classes indicated:
·  Kelvin Markham (Demand)

12. October Board Meeting & AGM

·  It was confirmed that the October auDA Board Meeting and AGM would be held on 20 October 2008 in Queensland with the location and venue to be advised.

Action:  CD/JOS to source venues and commence arrangements.

13. Board Correspondence

There was no board correspondence.

14. Next Meeting

The next board meeting will be held on Monday 20 October 2008 at 2.00pm – venue/location TBA.