Board Minutes - 16 February 2009
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
16 February 2009 - 11.00am
Maddocks. Level 7, 140 William Street. Melbourne VIC 3000
Tony Staley (Chair), Chris Disspain, Marty Drill, Julie Hammer, Kim Heitman, Amin Kroll, Graham McDonald, Josh Rowe, Tony Steven, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Dwayne Varey and Alex Woerndle
Craig Ng (Maddocks), John Higgins (Hayes Knight), Jo Lim (auDA), Jacki O’Sullivan (auDA-Minutes), Brenton Thomas, Tristan Kathage, Erin Stenhouse (DBCDE), Leonie Dunbar (auCD - item 8)
Nil / TBA
1. Continuous Disclosure
There were no matters to be disclosed.
2. Confirmation of Minutes
The minutes of the 16 February 2009 board meeting were confirmed.
3. Finance Report
The board noted the March accounts and the 2009/2010 draft budget.
Motion (proposed Kim Heitman, seconded Marty Drill): That the board approve the 2009/2010 budget. Carried.
4. CEO Report
The following items were noted:
· Bottle Domains: Craig Ng gave a summary on the Bottle Domains matter. auDA terminated Bottle Domains’ registrar accreditation on 15 April 2009, for breach of the Registrar Agreement. On 17 April the Supreme Court of Victoria ordered that Bottle Domains’ accreditation be reinstated pending a full hearing scheduled for 22 April. The board noted that the possible termination of Bottle Domains’ accreditation had been foreshadowed at the February meeting. The board formally endorsed the actions taken by the CEO in the matter to date.
· The Public Affairs Officer gave a summary of his report. Brenton Thomas noted that DBCDE would like to be engaged in auIGF discussions.
Motion (proposed Kim Heitman, seconded Tony Steven): That the board give in principle agreement to the proposal to establish auDA Best Practice Awards with further details to be supplied by the Public Affairs Officer in due course. Carried.
5. Policy Development
The Chief Policy Officer advised that temporary staff have been engaged to conduct domain name compliance audits. An audit of org.au registrations for the past 2 years has been completed, which shows approximately 25% of registrations are non-compliant. Registrars will be asked to correct or delete their non-compliant registrations.
6. auCD Report
The auCD General Manager gave a summary of auCD community website activities following the Black Saturday bushfires noting there has been an overwhelming response with increased high traffic to local community sites. A summary document with further information of fire affected community websites will be distributed.
7. Membership Applications
The membership applications below were approved in the classes indicated:
· Scott Lunammachak (Demand)
· Leonard McQualter (Supply)
· John Swinson (Demand)
· Jason Pay (Demand)
· Fay Howard (Demand)
8. Board Correspondence
There was no board correspondence.
9. Other Business
· Chris Disspain advised he had been re-elected to the Multistakeholder Advisory Group of the United Nation’s Internet Governance Forum.
· Graham McDonald & Marty Drill gave a summary of their attendance at the ICANN Mexico meeting and recommended all board members should attend the ICANN Sydney meeting.
· DBCDE advised that they will be seeking auDA’s input on new gTLD issues.
10. Next Meeting
The next board meeting will be held on Monday 15 June 2009 at the Maddocks office in Melbourne.