Board Minutes - 10 June 2010
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
10 June 2010 - 11.00am
Maddocks. Level 7, 140 William Street. Melbourne VIC 3000
Tony Staley (Chair), Kim Heitman, Chris Disspain, Julie Hammer, Graham McDonald, Dwayne Varey, Josh Rowe, Marty Drill, Cheryl Langdon-Orr and Rosemary Sinclair
John Higgins (Hayes Knight), Peter Nettlefold (DBCDE), David Lee (DBCDE), Jo Lim (auDA), Jacki O’Sullivan (auDA-Minutes) and Derek Whitehead (items 1-3)
Amin Kroll and George Pongas
Amin Kroll & George Pongas were apologies.
2. Continuous Disclosure
There were no matters to disclose.
3. 2LDs Advisory Panel
Derek Whitehead, chair of the 2LD’s Advisory Panel, attended and provided a progress report and summary of the Panel’s first round of public consultation. Draft recommendations for the 2nd consultation are scheduled to go out within the next few weeks and the Panel’s final report is due to be provided at the August board meeting.
4. Confirmation of April 2010 Minutes
The minutes of the 19 April 2010 board meeting were confirmed.
5. Finance Report
The board noted the May 2010 accounts.
6. 2010-2011 Budget
• The board noted the 2010-2011 budget.
• K Heitman endorsed the budget on behalf of the Finance Committee.
• The board discussed whether the current sitting fee for Volunteer & Independent Directors required reassessment. It was agreed that auDA would research other company board sitting fees & report the findings back to the board for further discussion at the August meeting.
Motion (proposed Kim Heitman, seconded Josh Rowe): That the board approve the 2010-2011 budget. Carried.
7. 2010-2012 Strategic Plan
• The board noted the 2010-2012 Strategic Plan plus supporting documentation.
Motion (proposed Kim Heitman, seconded Julie Hammer): That the board approve the 2010-2012 Strategic Plan. Carried.
8. CEO Report
• The CEO report was noted.
• Craig Ng gave a summary on current legal matters (Privileged item).
• The board agreed with the recommendations of winding up .au Community Domains Pty Ltd by 30 June 2010 and establishing a CGDN Advisory Committee comprising former auCD Directors and other people as required.
• It was noted that future CGDN reporting would be included in the CEO report.
9. Policy Development
2010 Names Policy Panel:
• The Draft Terms of Reference were noted.
• There was discussion about issue 1 of the Terms of Reference and the Board requested a clarification from DBCDE. It was agreed Peter Nettlefold would respond by Friday 12 June. J Lim will then circulate the Terms of reference to the board for agreement.
• The board agreed to appoint Derek Whitehead as Panel Chair.
10. Membership Applications
The membership applications below were approved in the classes indicated:
• Ryan Kirgan (Demand)
• Hostcorp Internet (Supply)
• Emerging IT Pty Ltd (Supply)
11. Board Correspondence
There was no board correspondence.
12. Other Business
• DBCDE advised that due to internal restructuring, their branch would now move to the Division headed by Keith Besgrove.
13. Next Meeting
The next board meeting will be held on Monday 16 August 2010 in Melbourne.
Tony Staley (Chair), Kim Heitman, Chris Disspain, Julie Hammer, Graham McDonald, Dwayne Varey, Josh Rowe, Marty Drill, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Rosemary Sinclair