Board Minutes - 13 December 2010
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
13 December 2010 - 11.00am
Maddocks. Level 7, 140 William Street. Melbourne VIC 3000
Tony Staley (Chair), Kim Heitman, Chris Disspain, Julie Hammer, Graham McDonald, Dwayne Varey, Josh Rowe, Marty Drill, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Amin Kroll and George Pongas
John Higgins (Nexia ASR), Keith Besgrove (DBCDE), Jo Lim (auDA), Jacki O’Sullivan (auDA-Minutes) and Derek Whitehead (item 4)
Rosemary Sinclair was an apology.
2. Continuous Disclosure
There were no matters to be disclosed.
3. Confirmation of August 2010 Minutes
The minutes of the 18 October 2010 Board meeting were confirmed.
4. Policy Development
2010 Names Policy Panel:
• Derek Whitehead, chair of the 2010 Names Policy Panel, provided a summary of the status and issues to date. The Discussion paper which has been released for public responses, has received 116 online survey responses and 4 submissions to date with more responses expected closer to the submission deadline on 21 January 2011. The panel will next meet in early February to consider all responses and submissions received.
Appointment of Review Panelists:
• The Board agreed to appoint the recommended panelists for both the Registrar Review Panel and the Registrant Review Panel.
5. Finance Report
• The Board noted the November 2010 accounts.
6. CEO Report
• The CEO report was noted.
• Craig Ng gave a summary on current legal matters (privileged item).
The following membership applications were approved in the classes indicated:
• Traffic Sauce Pty Ltd (Demand)
• Cooper Mills Pty Ltd (Demand)
• Jonathan Bahr (Demand)
• David Sojevic (Demand)
• Intrinsic Data Pty Ltd (Supply)
• Brett Fenton (Demand)
• Lisa Jarrett (Demand)
• Your Life Choices (Demand)
• Zingspace Holdings Pty Ltd (Demand)
• Tyron Ball (Demand)
• Norganna’s AddOns Pty Ltd (Supply)
Proposed changes to the administrative procedures for new membership applications and current membership renewals were discussed.
Motion (proposed Marty Drill, seconded Graham McDonald): That the Board adopt the amended membership application and renewal procedures. Carried
8. Board Correspondence
There was no Board correspondence.
9. Other Business
• Thanks to Craig Ng:
Craig Ng has served as auDA’s legal counsel since soon after the organisation’s establishment.
In this role, he has made an invaluable contribution to auDA through his knowledge, legal expertise and professional dedication.
He has also demonstrated his true support and passion for the growth of the Internet in Australia through his committed participation in a large number of auDA’s Policy development processes.
He has fulfilled both roles with enduring integrity, openness and good humour.
Resolved: that the auDA Board expresses its heartfelt thanks and deep appreciation for Craig Ng’s contribution to both auDA and to the development of .au, and wishes him well in all future endeavours.
- The Board agreed that a tendering process be put in place for Auditors for 2011.
• DBCDE observer:
- Keith Besgrove, DBCDE advised that he will attend Board meetings from now on.
• .au Governance Review:
- Expressions of Interest have been sought to undertake the independent review into .au Governance with the closing date for responses being 31 January 2011.
- Keith Besgrove commended the Board on agreeing to commission the review..
• Remuneration committee:
- All auDA staff left the room for this item
- The board discussed the Remuneration Committee’s report regarding CEO remuneration and performance and noted that the Board had approved the report and recommendation by circular email dated the 16th October 2010 and had resolved on that date (a) to review Chris's salary and bonus in accordance with the recommendations of the Remuneration Committee and (b) to authorise the Chair to sign the renewed contract on behalf of the Board.
10. 2011 Board meeting schedule
The proposed dates for 2011 auDA Board Meetings are:
Monday 21 February 2011
Monday 18 April 2011
Tuesday 14 June 2011
Monday 15 August 2011
Monday 17 October 2011
Monday 12 December 2011
The meeting schedule for 2011 will be circulated via email for confirmation by all.
11. Next Meeting
The next Board meeting will be held on Monday 21 February 2011 in Melbourne.