Board Minutes - 17 February 2014
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
17 February 2014 - 11.00am
.au Domain Administration Limited. 114 Cardigan Street. Carlton VIC 3053
Tony Staley (Chair), Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Chris Disspain, Erhan Karabardak, George Pongas, Graham McDonald, Joe Manariti, Josh Rowe, Julie Hammer, Kartic Srinivasan, Paul Levins, Stuart Benjamin
John Higgins (Nexia Australia), Peter Nettlefold (DoC), Jo Lim (auDA), Jacki O’Sullivan (auDA–Minutes)
- Continuous Disclosure
There were no matters to be disclosed.
- Confirmation of December 2013 Minutes
The minutes of the 11 December 2013 Board meeting were confirmed.
- Finance Report
• The Board noted the January 2013 accounts.
- CEO Report
• The CEO report was noted.
• The Board was advised the ANZIA gala event has been confirmed for Monday 25 August 2014 followed by the auIGF on 26-27 August 2014 at Crown Melbourne. The Board agreed the August Board meeting would be held on Monday 25 August.
- DNSSEC presentation
Adam King – auDA CTO attended and gave a presentation on the status and timeline of the DNSSEC implementation.
- AusRegistry presentation
Adrian Kinderis-CEO and Maggie Whitnall-Client Services Manager .au, attended from AusRegistry and gave a presentation on AusRegistry’s coordinated strategy for influencing market growth in .au commencing in 2014.
- Board Committee Updates
Finance & Audit Committee:
• The Chair advised the Committee had met on 12 February 2014 and minutes would be circulated in due course for comment.
• The Committee discussed whether the purchase of additional US$ funds was required and decided, following a review of a yearly estimate of US$ spent, that no further funds were required.
• The Committee discussed the amount of cash on hand and suggested consideration of buying office premises versus paying rent. A sub-committee has been formed and will research and compile further information for review by the Finance Committee for presentation to the Board.
• The Committee agreed it should be advised and would monitor any upcoming expenditure items above $50K.
Governance, Board Succession & Remuneration Committee:
• The Chair advised the Committee would next meet in February/March 2014 and minutes would be circulated in due course for comment.
• The Committee advised a letter had been sent to DoC on 7 February 2014 attaching a draft Affirmation of Commitments document. The Board will be advised when a response has been received from DoC. The Committee noted its thanks to Paul Szyndler for his work on compiling the AoC draft document.
Strategic Risk Committee:
• The Chair advised the December meeting had been cancelled at short notice as it conflicted with the Memorial Service for Leonie Dunbar. The next meeting is scheduled to be held on 17 February 2014 and minutes will be circulated in due course for comment.
The following membership applications were approved in the classes indicated:
Name of Applicant Class Beads Pty Ltd (Jarrod John Turner) Demand Peter Mead (Peter Mead) Demand
- Board Correspondence
There was no Board correspondence.
- Other Business
There was no other business.
- Next Meeting
The next Board meeting will be held on Monday 14 April 2014 at 11.00am in Melbourne.