Review of Australia's .au Domain Management 2017
In October 2017, the Department of Communications and the Arts announced a review into the management of the .au domain space to examine and make reviews on:
- the most appropriate framework for the management of the .au top level domain
- how to ensure that Government and community expectations inform auDA’s operation and decision-making, and
- mitigation strategies to address future risks to the security and stability of .au.
As the governance arrangements around the .au domain space have not been reviewed since the Commonwealth Government's endorsement of auDA in 2000, in addition to the substantial changes in the digital environment in the intervening 17 years, auDA welcomed the review to ensure the organisation is fit-for-purpose now and into the future.
Public submissions were invited in response to the discussion paper. Submissions closed December 18 2017.
The final report of the review was published on 18 April, 2018.
Final report, April 2018
Terms of Reference, October 2017
Discussion Paper, November 2017
Review of Australia's .au Domain Management (submission by .au Domain Administration Limited), December 2017
Feedback from the Department of Communications and the Arts
Throughout the review process, the Department of Communications and the Arts (DoCA) has provided feedback on auDA's corporate policies and governance documents. This feedback, which has been incorporated into each document, can be found below.
- Letter from Paul Fletcher MP: Completion of reforms arising from the Review of the .au Domain Administration (25 May 2020)
- Letter from Paul Fletcher MP: Review of auDA's Progress (4 March 2020)
- Letter from Paul Fletcher MP: Review of auDA's Progress (December 2019)
- DoCA Feedback: DoCA's non-voting observer role on the auDA Board
see also: auDA's response
- DoCA Feedback: auDA Constitution
- DoCA Feedback: Transparency and Accountability Framework
- DoCA Feedback: Board Charter
- DoCA Feedback: Board Skills Matrix
- DoCA Feedback: Nomination Committee Charter
- DoCA Feedback: Enterprise Security Strategy