Resellers are businesses that provide domain name registration services to the public but are not accredited registrars. Resellers buy .au domain names and manage domain name records for their customers through an interface with an accredited .au registrar. Resellers do not have direct access to the .au registry.
The conduct of resellers is regulated via their registrar. Resellers operate under an agreement with their registrar; this agreement must include minimum terms and conditions to ensure that the reseller complies with auDA Published Policies and the Code of Practice.
auDA is notified by an accredited registrar when a reseller has engaged their services, and we maintain a public Reseller Search Tool for people to look up the names of resellers and their associated registrar.
What is a Reseller ID?
A reseller of an auDA accredited registrar may apply to auDA to be officially recorded in the .au registry database and provided with a Reseller ID for the purposes of:
- associating the Reseller ID with domain names under management, for display in the WHOIS record; and
- bulk transferring Reseller ID associated domain names from one registrar to another registrar.
Resellers can apply for a Reseller ID using the Reseller ID Application Form (2014-09). The form must be submitted via a registrar who supports the Reseller ID system.
The following registrars support Reseller IDs:
The following resellers have been granted Reseller IDs (listed in alphabetical order):
- BACHCO Pty Ltd trading as NewDomain.com.au
- BACHCO Pty Ltd trading as DomainIP.com.au
- Domo Digital Pty Ltd trading as GreatDomains.com.au
- NJ VENTURES Pty Ltd trading as HostingAustralia.com.au
- SWIM Communications Pty Ltd
- The Trustee for Jonathan Horne Family Trust trading as Domainprotector.com.au
- The Trustee for Jonathan Horne Family Trust trading as PerfectDomain.com.au
- WP CENTRAL PTY LTD
Please note it is not mandatory for resellers in the .au domain space to be recorded in the .au registry database nor is it mandatory for auDA accredited registrars to implement systems to support Reseller IDs.